Steph Clarkson DHP Acc. Hyp.
Clinical Hypnotherapist & Level 3 Certified Holistic Therapist.
Hi, I’m Steph Clarkson a Clinical Hypnotherapist here in Thame, Oxfordshire and fully qualified holistic therapist working online and in my Thame practise on the border to Buckinghamshire.
I'm a multidisciplinary therapist benefiting choosing a robust training program that covered a broad spectrum of therapy approaches including: Solution Focused Hypnotherapy, NLP, EMDR (Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing), Emotional freedom technique, Life Coaching, Time Line approaches, regression therapies and counselling techniques.
I always begin by spending some time to listen to client's story and personality before choosing and appropriate methods to suit them and their needs. Being multidisciplinary allows me to do this with a broader range of tools to choose from.
Whilst I have studied at the highest level of training for Hypnotherapy and Life Coaching, clients often say they feel sessions are relaxed, they able to talk freely and feel at home working with me.
My approach to mental health is simple; in the most case the brain is a wonderful mechanism that keeps us safe and navigates us through life. Sometimes after negative experiences - or a even a time of illness or upheaval - our protective mechanism may cause levels of fear, anxiety, procrastination and worry that can seem OTT to us consciously.
Although feelings and thoughts can seem overwhelming, they are often simply the result of an over-protective brain pattern that we can work together to re-design either by my preferred approach of hypnotherapy or if you feel more comfortable, a range of visualisation, NLP, coaching, CBT or energy pattern release methods such as EMDR.
I work on the premise that it's normal and healthy for the subconscious to want to look after us, it's just that sometimes the way it goes about it can feel counter-productive.
It may surprise you by following the exercises and working together, just how quickly your mind can learn better habits that are chosen by and truly wanted by you.
Practical and pragmatic in nature, I've always had the inclination to find solutions. As a highly-stressed and over worked teacher, I suffered for years with constant low-level stress and anxiety and sought out alternative therapies to recover my body and clear my mind.
I began to build a ‘tool-kit’ of effective therapies to integrate into my lifestyle until, in 2013, I had the epiphany to say goodbye to the high-stress environment of mainstream teaching and retrain as a therapist.
I began my journey as a complimentary therapist helping others with popular healing techniques such as massage, aromatherapy, reflexology and reiki.
As time went on, I found I couldn't shake the desire to get to the root of my clients issues rather than remedial healing work once the damage had been done...
To that end, I realised that an even better way to serve my clients was to make use my analytical and creative skills as a teacher to develop mental wellbeing support structured around CBT, NLP, Coaching and Hypnosis.
After studying for a Level 5 Qualification in Counselling and Life Coaching alongside a Diploma in Hypnotherapy, this has became my greatest passion and where most of my time is concentrated.
I truly believe that the skills to manage your wellbeing are teachable and that this learning is essential in our modern times. To achieve this aim I developed Stephanie Clarkson Therapies in 2014 to empower as many people as possible to learn the tools to manage negative states, encourage positive healing and get the most from life despite the occasional pressure.
On a 1-to-1 basis, I do this using a unique combination of coaching and hypnosis in which I use CBT, NLP and coaching techniques to retrain the conscious mind while at the same time working deep within the subconscious to foster lasting change.
One day a week, I also continue to offer energy and body healing therapies to soothe and rebalance the body such as a full suite of massage techniques (deep tissue, swedish, aromatherapy, reflexology, indian head, bamboo and hot stones), reiki healing and meditation.
As your coach and therapist I am committed to:
- Be genuinely interested in your inner world, how your brain works and you're unique viewpoint as an individual.
- Be on time, prepared for your arrival with a glass of water and a friendly face.
- Be kind and compassionate - while still unafraid to ask the tough questions where needed.
- Be passionate and genuine in the pursuit of working positively with your wonderful mind
- Care about the quality of your service
- Treat you holistically, drawing from a breadth of knowledge of therapies and approaches
- Reassure and soothe wherever possible whilst being open and honest.
- Support you to the best of my ability while working collaboratively towards goals.
- Valuing my rights as a professional and your rights as an individual by creating an appropriate therapeutic environment.
“Steph’s outlook and calming nature really helped me to understand that I have no reason to feel guilty about wanting my own happiness. That’s not to say that I don’t consider other people’s feelings, but I have come to appreciate that the way that other people feel really isn’t my responsibility. I feel like I have found myself”
Diploma in Hypnotherapy, Hypnotic World.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy - 4 specialist focus modules :NLP, CBT within hypnosis, Solution Focused Therapy and Ericksonian Techniques , London Hypnotherapy Academy, Wimbledon (in progress)
- Joint Level 5 Diploma in Counselling and Life Coaching, Stonebridge Colleges
- Meditation Teacher Training, Gateway Workshops
- PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) in Post 16 Learning, English and the Expressive Arts
- Level 3 Complementary Therapist (Body massage, aromatherapy, reflexology), VTCT
- Level 3 Indian Head Massage, VTCT, White Rose College
- Level 2 Reiki therapist, Holistic Wellbeing
- Bamboo Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Deep Tissue Massage - Gateway Workshops
- Diploma in Nutrition (level 3 - in progess)
Why work with Steph
If you would like some support on your journey to feeling positive, overcoming a specific issue or challenge or simply reset your body and energy I’d love to help.
My sessions are relaxed, confidential and built around you. You’ll have a confidential ear to listen to your situation and also the reassurance that you are talking to somebody who has been through the ups and downs of anxiety, low self esteem and the challenges of mental wellbeing.
It's a non judgemental environment where you are in the driving seat, supported by gentle guidance towards becoming your best self.
Call me for a FREE, no obligation consultation or come in for a reduced rate consultation of £30 where we can see if we’re the right fit and discuss which therapies could help you move forwards...